Key things you need to know
What you need to know about Voicing Pride
By leveraging the power of storytelling and social media, we are committed to providing an inclusive space that gives a voice to the unheard members of LGBTQ+ communities across all New Zealand secondary schools. Our mission is to shed light on the lives of students and teachers who work tirelessly to make their school a place of safety and pride, as well as the unnoticed struggles of those who remain silenced today.
In doing so, we hope to promote a New Zealand in which LGBTQ+ students and staff are not only protected from any form of discrimination, but are also fully empowered by their school communities.
- These Terms apply to your use of our website (http://www.voicingpride.org/) and to any information you provide to us.
- We reserve the right to vary these Terms. Where we do so, we will publish the changes on our website.
- If you continue to use our website, you will be deemed to have accepted those changes.
- You can engage with us through using our website and by visiting our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/voicingpride/.
- Anyone who submits a story or information on our platform using the form at http://www.voicingpride.org/contact/ is a storyteller or contributor. If you are under 18 years of age, you must have written parental or guardian consent to submit a story. The form is available here.
- If you are under the age of 16, you will be treated as anonymous, unless you provide parental or guardian consent.
- All stories are filed in an archive once submitted for the purposes of contacting contributors.
- Any stories submitted may be altered or edited in order to meet our requirements. Any stories submitted may have edits suggested prior to approval to publish. This is to ensure that content being published on the website does not include the personal information of others, and to ensure that the language used is constructive for the purpose of seeking positive change.
- If you wish to retain anonymity, you must notify of this when you provide the information.
- We reserve the right to remove any content that we consider offensive, would infringe any third party’s rights, or would bring our reputation into disrepute.
- We are not responsible for the content of any of the stories. As the contributor, you are responsible for the content of what is submitted and published. Any content must be owned by you, must not infringe any other person’s rights and must be constructive and for the purpose of seeking positive change.
- If you provide any information that is untrue or infringes any persons rights (for example, you have copied their story or used their personal information), then you will indemnify us (i.e., for any costs that we incur as a result of the information you provided).
- We have complete discretion when publishing stories to ensure that what is being published is a reflection of our mission statement and not offensive in any way.
- By agreeing to these Terms, you consent to us having discretion to remove any stories that would otherwise negatively affect our goals and objectives and conflict with the mission statement of the organisation.
- By providing any stories or information to us, you give us permission to use the stories and information on our website or our social media platforms.
- We are not liable for the content published on our website or any links to third party websites on our website.
- Any reproduction, transmission, performance, display or editing of any content on our website by any means mechanical or electronic without our express written permission is strictly prohibited. If you wish to obtain permission to reprint or reproduce any materials appearing on this website, please contact us directly.
- If you wish to complain or ask for any content on our website to be removed, please contact us here email@example.com. All such requests will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.
- If you have any questions or thoughts on how we can improve our website or Voicing Pride generally, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.